Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Vagina Monologues


In my first year at college, I partook in something extraordinary: The Vagina Monologues. For those who don't know, The Vagina Monologues is a show/event/movement/lifestyle all around empowering women.

Each spring, the show rolls out in cities all across the world featuring incredibly talented women putting their own personal spin on each monologue. The monologues range from topics of domestic violence to the first orgasm to giving birth. At times it's hilarious and at times it's heart wrenching.. but over all it is extremely important.

When I was apart of the show, I was cast as the monologue, "Flood." It was the story of an 80-year-old New Yorker whose embarrassing sexual experience as a teenager scarred her for the rest of her life. (The makeup was scary good.)


This year, I know many talented and beautiful women in the production at my university. I highly encourage those in the area to attend this year's show. For those not in San Diego, find out where the nearest performance is in your area.

I can't wait to see this year's production. Here is their wonderful trailer explaining why each of these women are rising:



The show runs Wednesday February 27st, Friday March 1st and Saturday March 2nd. 

For more information click here

1 comments:

Brittney said...

Thank you for promoting!! See you there!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...