Saturday, March 2, 2013

A Night at The Contemporary Ballet


Last night, I had the opportunity to see Philadelphia's premier contemporary ballet company, BalletX perform at my school. The show was sold out and for good reason. It was phenomenal. I saw the show with two of my closest dancer friends who kept raving about the "panache" (or was it "ganache"-- no, that's cake frosting...) and the double entensmushsmush... Let's be real, I have no idea what they were saying. I simply added in "ooh's" and "aah's" and enthusiastic nodding.

Simply put, these dancers are incredible. The strength that goes into even the smallest of movements is perplexing. After seeing their show, I did some more research on them and I had to share these images. Talk about muscles and grace.




Here's the the people who dedicate their lives to this beautiful art.

Images via BalletX

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...