Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Ode to the Fig


This morning as a spritzed myself with the last droplets of my beloved L'ombre Dans L'eau by the wonderful Diptyque, I started brainstorming what my next perfume purchase will be. For a while, I've been lusting after my mother's signature scent-- Fig.

My relationship with figs or ficci as they are called in Italian culminated on a little farm in Abruzzo this Fall. Prior to this moment, I had always associated figs with mythical Greece and the ancient world. Then, this happened...



I tasted the sweet nectar of the Gods picked straight off the tree by a charming, fuzzy Italian farmer. It was, honest to goodness, one of the most memorable culinary experiences I have ever had. 

With this sweet memory, I have been on the hunt for the perfect fig fragrance. For those who have never smelled a fig... they are fresh and sweet; clean and warm. They are the perfect spring scent.

Here are my top two picks for a figgy fragrance:

Jo Malone's Wild Fig and Cassis



Diptyque's Philosykos (Mama Deb's Signature)


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Figs of the Mediterranean are one of the best-tasting things I have ever eaten

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...