Sunday, May 5, 2013

House Hunting in San Francisco


I have a new obsession. Don't worry it's healthy. Sort of.

Each day rather than scroll through my Pinterest feed (okay, I still do that too)-- there is a new feed that I am spending loads of time on. That, my friends, is the Craigslist Apartment feed of San Francisco.

Anyone who has ever lived or tried to live in that city knows that it is one of the most competitive and expensive markets in the nation.

A studio apartment will run you $1500-2500 depending on the neighborhood. Further, there is fine line between the Tenderloin and "Lower Nob Hill."

That being said, I've had lots of fun exploring the different neighborhood options. My family used to have a house on Telegraph Hill right down the street from Coit Tower. This is my dream neighborhood. Unfortunately, I won't be able to afford this 'hood until a couple promotions down the road. Last summer, I lived in The Castro which was a lot of fun, but wasn't the ideal scene for me to meet men. Well, I mean, there were plenty of them... but, yeah you get the picture.

Several friends have sent me this article and I find it hilarious. The author decided to give a very straight forward description of each SF neighborhood.



He explains,

"When I moved to the city at the age of 24, I played Pin The Tail on San Francisco and picked the first apartment I saw. And this is how I ended up in an apartment in the worst part of town with five random people and a live-in landlord who was a registered sex offender (yes, I'm serious).

I mean. This town is fucking weird if you don't know what you're doing."

Take a read for a good laugh and a glimpse into what I have to look forward to :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...