Monday, July 29, 2013

Top Three TED Talks


TED Talks are my not-so-guilty pleasure. It's amazing how much you can learn from an intelligent person sharing their passion and ideas within a short 8 to 25 minute time frame.

"We believe passionately in the power of ideas to change attitudes, lives and ultimately, the world. So we're building here a clearinghouse that offers free knowledge and inspiration from the world's most inspired thinkers, and also a community of curious souls to engage with ideas and each other." - TED's Mission

I've had the great pleasure of viewing several different kinds of TED talks both in my jobs, my classes and on my own time. 

I've picked my top three to share. 

1) Meg Jay: "Why 30 is Not the New 20"

This talk argues that 80% of life's most important moments happen before you are 35 and we know that personality changes more in your twenties than during any other time in life. Jay encourages twenty somethings to optimize the time in their twenties to make formative decisions about their career, love life and more. 




2) Simon Sinek: "How Great Leaders Inspire Others"

This talk reminds you that great leaders inspire others not by what they do, but why they do it.


3) Sheryl Sandberg: "Why We Have Too Few Women Leaders"

Anyone who has been following my blog knows that I love Sandberg. This was the talk that started it all for her. It was after she gave this talk that she found the inspiration to write Lean In.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...