Sunday, August 11, 2013

Foodie Adventures: The Front Porch


My favorite thing about my neighborhood is its close proximity to the fabulous restaurants of The Mission. This morning, I had the pleasure of taking two out of town friends to my new favorite brunch spot - The Front Porch.






My two galpals were in town for Outside Lands (an annual musical festival that San Francisco is very proud of) and even though I wasn't attending OSL (music festivals aren't really my thing), I was elated to see my two very stylish friends.

Look how adorable Em & A are in their festival attire:



One of the gals was even stopped by Free People and photographed for The Free People blog. I was dying over Em's hat. See evidence below (oh ya, I chopped off my hair).




Okay, enough fashion. On to the real star of this post - the southern comfort food of The Front Porch. FP boasts a very eclectic ambiance - not necessarily my style. Mismatched rocking chairs and a stuffed zebra on rockers welcome guests.



We opted to sit outside as the inside is incredibly dark. It's known as the best place to go when you are hungover because it has fabulous, greasy food in a cave like setting.

We started with the house made chicory coffee and beignets.



Then we moved on to fresh peach waffles and something called, "The Stoner Stack" complete with cheesy grits.




No kidding, this is some of the tastiest food in San Francisco. I pride myself in being a brunch connoisseur and The Front Porch, despite its humorously odd ambiance, is my go-to spot now. It simply doesn't disappoint and the eclectic environment is sure to inspire creative conversation amongst the table.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...