Thursday, October 10, 2013

End of Summer in Napa Valley


A few weeks ago, I had the fortune of attending PlumbJack's newest winery, Odette's end of summer soiree. The afternoon featured rabbit paella, fabulous wine and good times with family.

I wasn't blown away by the tasting room - it was subtle and small which is strange for Napa. I was however, quite impressed with their Chardonnay.

This is saying a lot because I typically strongly dislike Napa Chards which are over-oaked, too buttery and flat. The 2011 Adaptation Chardonnay we drank was phenomenal. It was slightly acidic, tropical and refreshing. Reminded me more of a Sauvignon Blanc from NZ (my favorite).  Kudos to Odette for breaking the norm for Napa.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...