Friday, November 15, 2013

My Next Adventure...


BIG NEWS: In exactly one week, I'll be on a plane headed to Dublin, Ireland.

Exploring the Wicklow Mountains

The reason for my trip is twofold:

1. My best friend has been working her buns off this past semester at Trinity College and gallivanting around Europe on the weekends. I am her official Thanksgiving buddy.
2. My fantastic amazing company, bases their European HQ in the charming city of Dublin and is allowing me to work remotely for a few days during my trip. I'll be spending the days shadowing different teams, having 1:1's with senior leaders and learning all about the European market.

Frolicking around Trinity College


For those who followed my adventures whilst abroad, you know that I am already a big fan of Dublin (and Trinity College above). I had the great fortune of spending a few days in Ireland last fall with my pals from Rome.

Dublin has an especially warm place in my heart, despite the freezing weather because it is a place of reunion. During our trip, I reunited with another best friend (same group of friends as Rachel) who was based in Spain for the year! It was a teery and warm reunion.

The week will be filled with adventures in the Irish countryside, lots of Guinness, freezing our pants off (see below from last year) and laughter gallore.



But that's not all folks...

Rachel and I are being graced by the beautiful presence of our friend, the amazing and talented - Katie Turley. You may have seen her a few years ago, competing on NBC's "The Sing Off." Beyond having the voice of an angel, she is a total hoot! Katie's been abroad in London this fall and is spending the weekend with us. Katie and I are dying to see The Cliffs of Moher.

That's not all either...

For our Thanksgiving meal, Rachel and I will be munching down on haggis and black pudding (maybe)... because we will be in EDINBURGH.

We are risking our lives and taking a RyanAir flight to Scotland.

Cheers to a week and a half of adventures with my pals, international work experience and freezing cold weather.


1 comments:

Nate said...

Quite jealous! Post some nice pictures so I may travel vicariously through your experiences.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...