Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Appropriate for Work?


Working it in Tech has huge benefits. Lots of food, smart people, ergonomic chairs, yoga classes, a kick ass CEO -- etc etc. The list goes on and on.

Amongst all of the perks, one of the biggest benefits is the relaxed office uniform. LinkedIn has got to be one of the most casual offices I've ever seen. The majority of employees where LinkedIn T-Shirts in the same way students at UC San Diego donned their Triton pride.

It can be confusing though. We are encouraged to be casual -- and yet, we are warned that what we wear represents who we are.

One look I've seen surfacing around the techie-filled streets of San Francisco is dressed up sweats/harem pants. Though I hate to admit it, I've been known to rock leggings at work. I think these could be the perfect alternative I'm looking for.

What do you think? Office appropriate or save it for Sunday Brunch?


2 comments:

Brad Seraphin said...

The green looks too casual, but the other two are cute. What we wear represents who we are, but what we do echoes in eternity.

CLitman said...

Aren't these harem pants? I think harem pants can be dressed up. A coworker recently wore straight up sweatpants and it was definitely inappropriate, even though I work in an extremely casual work environment.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...