Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Book Club


While most of my free reading time is spent on Thought Catalog, Buzzfeed and Upworthy - it's always nice to take a break from the screen.

Check out what is currently on my nightstand:




1. Secrets of The Sommeliers - Rajat Parr and Jordan Mackay

For those who have been reading my blog for a while, it should come as no surprise that this book is top of my list. I recently visited Rajat Parr's SF spot, RN74 and am continually amazed by everything he does. This is a fantastic read for wine enthusiasts at both the beginner and master level.

2. Cool Gray City of Love - Gary Kamiya

This book was a birthday gift from my mother this year and it's very fun for local San Franciscans. It features a different neighborhood in each chapter and tells a beautiful story in each. Whenever I visit a new neighborhood, I like to check out what the book reads on it.

3. Thrive - Arianna Huffington

I was spellbound after hearing Arianna speak at LinkedIn a few months ago. She explained that she wrote this book to discuss a third metric of success - beyond money and power. This third metric measures your well being and all that it includes. It's packed with interviews, quotes, statistics and inspiring stories about how to truly thrive in your career and life.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...