Monday, June 16, 2014

The Great American Pastime


There is only one professional sport that I'll willingly give my time and attention to: baseball.

However, there are a few requirements.

1. It must be in person -- (do people actually watch baseball on TV?)

2. It's gotta be the Giants. 

3. I'll only go if it's a home game at AT&T Park.






After attending my first game of the summer a few weeks back, I realized why baseball is considered the Great American Pastime. There was something special about leaving my office early, walking through the sea of orange and black along The Embarcadero, enjoying the rare sunny day in the city and sipping on a cold one with my best friends.

It's nothing particularly remarkable about the sport itself, but it's everything that comes with a summer game.

On this warm evening, I felt like a true San Franciscan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...